Take your writing to a whole new level
- Keen to continue your writing momentum?
- Want practical feedback and relevant exercises to help you get there?
- Need that extra push to fully develop and finish your short story or piece
of creative fiction?
- Eager to recapture that awesome creative vibe by learning from the best
in a nurturing environment?
- Or do you just really like sequels?
Our Online course: Creative Writing Stage 2 is the place to be if you’ve already completed Online course: Creative Writing Stage 1 or Online course: Writing Books for Children and Young Adults. Now you’ve not only learnt the skills of good storytelling, but you’re actually keen for more! The Online course: Creative Writing Stage 2 would also suit you if you have some creative fiction under your belt and are looking to take it one step further.
The principles of storytelling
By understanding the principles of storytelling, you’re ready to make some great creative fiction – if it was a cake, all the ingredients would be lined up on the bench, ready to go. Now it’s simply about getting the quantities right, mixing, chopping and whacking this thing in the oven… So ask yourself: “do I want my finished piece to be delicious or half-baked?”
Online Creative Writing Stage 2 is the ultimate sequel – action-packed, full of interesting characters, amazing dialogue and (obviously) well written! Hands-on with exercises to complete each week, it’s more of a workshopping process – discovering your strengths and weaknesses and bouncing them around the virtual classroom. This creates a hugely collaborative and positive environment – guaranteed to fast track your writing!
YES! Please send me an outline for this course
Here's what you'll learn:
This course is all about nailing the essential elements of YOUR story.
- Characters: getting more out of your main ones and making your minor character ‘extras’ more believable
- Ensuring each character’s voice is unique and distinct – putting yourself in the shoes of the reader and seeing what they see
- How to keep those pages turning through effective structuring of
- Climax and resolution: how they shape the final story – and how
to write them
- Scene development: the engine room of your fiction,
including dialogue, pacing, manipulation of time, character interaction
and managing exposition
- Fine-tuning: successfully editing and proofreading your story and its structure, with examples from published and student work
- and MUCH more.
Exclusive access to our Online Writing Forum
When you graduate, you'll also get exclusive access to our dynamic online writing community.
Course content and outcomes are consistent, regardless of whether you learn at the Centre or online
We are sticklers for consistency and quality in our courses, so you’ll achieve the same outcomes regardless of which presenter you have. Naturally, each presenter brings their own insight to the course, but you can be assured that the content is consistent across the board.
You’ll also achieve the same outcomes regardless of whether you enrol in our online or face-to-face course!
Your online classroom
You can attend the online classroom any time, any day of the week. This
way, you can fit your learning into your schedule and lifestyle. You
do not have to commit to a set time each week. However, you MUST
complete each module during the week specified, or you won't get the
most out of the course. Each week builds on the one before and you have
the opportunity to ask questions and make comments about the topics we
discuss each week. To sample a taste of how this will work, click here
How much time should you commit each week?
You need to commit a minimum of 2 to 3 hours a week. The audio program
itself is around 2 hours a week. Beyond that, we recommend that you put
into practice what you have learnt that week. While you are expected to
commit to a minimum of 2 to 3 hours a week, we won't hold you back if
you are super keen and want to spend much more time than that on your